GA Minutes 5/15/12
IKE BOX 7 PM Outside
Facilitator: Laurie Stacker: Stan Scribe: Bobbie
In Attendance: Mary, Laurie, Bobbie, Stan, Linda, Peter, Stacey, Jennifer, John, Michele
A moment of silence: Laurie Non violence agreement: Laurie Hand Signals: Stacey Announcements:
1. Information 2. Calendar
Actions: None Proposals: Below Committee Reports: None
- Stan said that the Rural Organizing Project (ROP) in Woodburn last Sat, the 12th did not have anyone from local towns, but it was a good meeting with many people attending.
- Peter announced the meeting for the 24th about single payer.
- Stacey asked for Occupy’s blessing on the plan to create an initiative to label GMO products. He said that he has 57 signature gatherers for this GMO project. A discussion ensued; Occupy’s blessing was given.
- Peter brought up the spokescouncil proposal; more discussion ensued with a clarification of how long a trial period should be and a proposal made.
- Bobbie asked if Occupy should look into ordering more Occupy t-shirts and she will determine who to contact.
- Michele knows we’d like to meet Friday at Friends Meeting House.
- Stacey will bring a letter next week, addressed to the AG, asking for an investigation of mortgage fraud that he’d like everyone to sign.
- Laurie said that the new Bicycle Affinity Group, which has no name yet, had their first meeting today. Long Range Planning did too, and it has no new name yet. Other groups were suggested.
- Peter announced that Occupy has $1,354.
- Stan suggested that reports be given on-line to save time at meetings.
- Fri May 18th 7pm – 9pm informal GA will meet at Friends’ Meeting House.
- Mon May 21st at 7:00pm at IKE Box, Move To Amend’s General Meeting will take place.
- Tues May 22 6:30pm – 8:30 pm at IKE Box MTA Study Group 101 will meet.
- Thurs May 24th 6:30pm – 8:30 pm at OPW office, Occupy Education Committee will present a single payer program.
- June 13th 6:30pm – 8:30pm at IKE Box Occupy and Move To Amend will present a study on cooperatives, using the Mondragon model of Spain.
Proposals/Results (Passed, Rejected, Tabled)
There was a proposal that we meet in Willson Park next Tuesday if it’s not raining. It was accepted unanimously.
There was a proposal that the trial period for the Spokescouncil model go into July, with an evaluation on 7/17 about whether it’s working. It passed unanimously.